Ohio ASSIST Providing Post-Critical Incident Aftercare for Ohio's Safety Service Personnel
Ohio ASSIST (Aiding Safety Services with Incident Survival Techniques) will be providing post-critical incident seminar (PCIS) for Ohio's safety service personnel. The next PCIS will be May 3-5, 2021 at the Marriott North in Dublin, Ohio. This three-day seminar is free to attend. Family members of anyone participating are also encouraged to attend. There are openings for any law enforcement, fire, EMS, corrections or dispatch personnel. Ohio ASSIST has instituted COVID-19 safety protocols that have been approved to ensure a safe event for all participants.
Incidents include, but are not limited to: use of deadly force, mass casualty response, serious injury, serious illness or death of safety service personnel, prolonged events of a highly stressful or dangerous nature, high-profile or emotionally charged events, off-duty events, including death or serious injury, illness or death of a family member, natural or man-made disaster response, and any event that overwhelms or compromises the ability to cope.
What is Ohio ASSIST?
- Ohio ASSIST is a statewide program that provides follow-up care and resources to safety service personnel.
- Ohio ASSIST is the next level of post critical incident care for safety service personnel
- Ohio ASSIST is educational in nature and is designed to provide our personnel with techniques, strategies and methods of returning to their “new normal”
- Ohio ASSIST is for the well-being of safety service personnel
- Ohio ASSIST will work with the surrounding states to share resources and personnel to provide after-care across state lines
For more information on the PCIS click here.
To register for the PCIS on May 3-5, 2021, click here.